Sunday 2 May 2021

Sunny weeds.

For the first half of spring, the dandelions is left.  Food for the bees, until the trees blossom. The past couple of days they ramped up the flower productions and very soon those flowers would be seeds. Time arrived to dig them up and get control before the whole summer would be spent digging up the offspring. Did that yesterday, it was a sunny day and all the flowers was open and bright. My muscles remind me today they got a workout, glad the weeds are now gone. We keep it organic and safe for the birds and the bees. 
Hand quilting on the frame this past week. Past the middle now.
This is my lap quilt, not using a hoop or frame, just quilt it on my lap. Will do some more on this one today.
To balance things a bit, will do some more piecing to get the next eight blocks done.
Pulled the next collection of hexagons to sew this month.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting, and love your hexies! Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardening can be so tiring we don't realise how hard we have worked until our muscles tell us the next day. All your projects are lovely, I love the lap quilt the colours are so bright and cheerful, enjoy your Sunday. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt on your frame looks like it will have some wonderful quilting when it's done! I liked reading that you're quilting a quilt in your lap without a hoop, too. That's how I quilt, and have wondered if I should get a hoop. So far it's worked out fine, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilting and I like the way you are setting your blocks with the tiny triangle blocks in yesterday's post! And I love hexies especially red hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many pretty projects. Love your hand quilting and the gorgeous rail fence quilt. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely projects! The little hexie flowers are so sweet. I love the fabrics in that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your quilty projects. Those hexagon flowers are so perky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects! I love your red hexies! Gorgeous hand quilting! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete