Sunday 1 January 2023

The Hertfordshire Quilt.

For the whole of 2022 I was meaning to get back to this one, to sew on the nine patches which was removed when it did not fit.
The issue was with the black floral strips, they were too narrow. The solution was to add a skinny strip of fabric to it.
That was done and then this was just put back in the box, to be worked on at a later date?
On the last day of the year, it was pulled out and attatched. Try as I might, mine is still bigger than the pattern call for and I am okay with it. With the next round it will require an extra strip of diamonds on each side.
This is round ten out of the fifteen rounds, like a round robin. The opportunity to get it to the exact size will come after the diamonds where there are sashing strips sewn around the center, can then reduce the width and get closer to the correct size...Will work a little bit on this one through out the coming year and see how far it will grow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you are still working on yours I no longer like the colors I was using for mine - too dark - will I start over? haven't touched it in a long time - might be time to decide this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely piece! Good for you for going back and reworking it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete