Saturday 7 January 2023

RSC23 projects.

Ancient stars was placed on my list after seeing a finished one at Quilt Canada in Toronto a number of years ago. I love the way one can use scraps to create this one.
These fabrics include Japanese texture fabrics, Reproduction and other bits and pieces that was in the stash. Will add more neutrals and background fabrics as it progresses.
Started cutting the fabrics for the stars and the triangle squares.
Afternoon Delight is another new start. A number of new starts will happen and they will be worked on over the next couple of years. There is definitely a theme here, a lot of patterns by one designer.
Applique quilts too, some have piecing with applique while some is only applique.
It will be a combination of hand and machine, with new and older projects. For the most part will only working on the RSC colour of the month on any of these said projects.
These bright blues need white triangles to make the border squares for Ladies of the Sea.
Started this one last year, making some of the red for called squares. Will continue with the blue fabrics this month.
January is blue, so that will be the starting point of where these projects will get worked on. Some projects have very little of one colour and a lot of another colour. The journey will be an adventure in colour, texture, needle and thread. The other projects that are quilt tops will be quilted at a snails pace and be finished eventually. RSC colour challenge has taught me, a little bit can go a long way to achieving a goal.

4 comments:

  1. I started Ancient stars years ago but fizzled out. I finished arranged the stars into a different quilt. Afternoon Delight is another beauty, I look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done any hand applique n years. Yours always looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started the pieced blocks of Afternoon Delight three or four years ago I guess and it has sat in a box since - I really need to get it out - the Mariner's Compass that you show looks familiar and I think I have the pattern. At one time I thought I wanted to make Ladies of the Sea but glad I didn't get started on it now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such ambitious projects, but you are so right that a little bit of effort over a period of time will get you there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete