Sunday 28 February 2021

Last day of February...

When the best plans go haywire.  Realised yesterday that a few books need to go back to the library and the one book has to go back before Monday. It is a book which I want to finish reading, so I am reading it and not a lot happened after that.Traced the center for the red and white quilt. 
The light was very good in the afternoon and the center was tacked down, after the tracing was done. It can now move forward,  have decided to do a combination of applique and embroidery. 
It is Love Entwined by Esther Aliu,  from Australia.  She drafted the pattern from a grainy photograph of this 1790 Marriage Coverlet and this colour choices in the picture is what is believe to be a close match to the original quilt.

7 comments:

  1. I’m intrigued by the red and white quilt. Is the piece appliquéd on a full size quilt background? I can’t wait to see more. I understand about reading getting in the way of sewing, too! I’m guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded Love Entwined years ago but never started. I like your idea of red and white, she will be a beautiful! Do you think you'll try to make the whole quilt? Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is looking good - wondering how you will mix embroidery and applique - a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your red block, and what a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, the red and white centre is amazing! What an stunning quilt this will be. This pretty is going to keep you busy for a very long while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful design. Her quilts were always so amazingly detailed. I'm not sure if Esther is still designing these days, she doesn't seem to blog any more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know a lot of quilters started that one and never finished! Your medallion looks awesome and I can't wait to see how you will mix applique and embroidery! What a great idea

    ReplyDelete