Tuesday 5 January 2021

Walking in the woods.

Going for walks in nature always just has a way of putting everything into perspective in life. The wildlife is the unexpected surprise.  Saw a mink across the stream frolic in the snow.  It was having fun, playing hide and seek. Took my camera with,  so will download the photos.
The pink ones that still need to get done this month. This is my One Monthly Goal,  hexies and nine patch blocks.
The finished ones so far.
Omygosh quilt,  pulled the pink scraps I could find in my scraps. They are for the nine patch blocks in the quilt.  Making scrappy blocks as much as I can. Have six small drawers with bits of scraps in,  which is the go to for this pattern. 
Opened the box with strips made partially.  Pulled all the pink ones in there out of the box.Using a method from The Joy of Quilting book for the scraps. Just adding them continuous onto the white fabric strips. Then just cutting strips from these pre sewn strip sets.
This is one of those books, which is great for doing quilts in a more productive, simpler way. Using what we have.



1 comment:

  1. I started doing my hexagons in flowers but have given up on that putting the flowers I did make here and there in my scrappy hexagon quilt.

    ReplyDelete