Saturday 23 January 2021

A year of love...

Love Entwined 1790 Marriage Coverlet BOM quilt pattern by  Esther Aliu. This is the first one which was started in 2013/2014. Then we moved house and the new house required a lot of work. So this project got some work and was eventually stopped.  However it has now reappeared in a new colour combination. White and red.
This is the center for the new one, the other one will be worked on when it is possible. 
This protea print will be applique on the outside of the center circle.
It will be the flowers next to the triangles surrounding the ring on the mariners compass.
Played with greens for the hexie mystery quilt. Have these two, the top one will be used in two parts and the one below in another part.
This is a close match to the green on the main fabric.



3 comments:

  1. your love entwined is so pretty - I am think at times of starting over and doing mine in bright colors - I was making mine in kind of taupe/blue/burgundy -- maybe if I did it in bright colors I would like it more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie you must be insane!!! The one you haveon the go is beautiful. I had planned to join Esther's class in Australia when I was there in 2015. She redrafted the whole thing and made a bigger scale red and white one without all the outer borders. I did not take the class after all. Nor have I actually started it because I could not decide what colour to make that center medallion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful topper! Thanks for linking with the 2021 Table Scraps Challenge on my blog.

    ReplyDelete