Saturday 16 January 2021

A frustrating afternoon...

Found some more pinks and sewed them into sub units for Omygosh blocks. Some will match and others will be scrappy.  The more the mixture of the scraps the more interesting the quilt will be. May switch the blocks up into a spontaneous scrappy blocks,  have seen a number of finished Omygosh quilts and they just have more dept this way.
Practicing the embroidery stitches on this work box, the leaves is a repeat open fly stitch. 
Yesterday afternoon after enjoying a few hours of happily stitching this piece, discovered somewhere a row was missing.  Then started the frustrating part of ripping back the stitching.  Eventually decided not to over think things,  turned the linen and started all over again, this time with a working copy to mark all the stitched stitches. Just love the pink boots.
Pink blocks done so far.Hexies, there will be nine pink ones for this month. Linking to  So Scrappy.

8 comments:

  1. lots of pretty pink blocks! you got a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got much more done than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet PINK blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable blocks! And thanks for mentioning the Oh My Gosh quilt. I'd never heard of it before, and now I can't stop thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love your pink blocks. . . all of them! I think the pink boots are awesome too! I have to google Oh My Gosh quilt. . .I don't know what that is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked at buying the Omigosh pattern but it is $10 and $27 shipping in US funds. I had seen a couple at quilt shows about 15 years ago and have wanted to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Omigosh blocks look tedious. If you remember, I made 8 of the 9 (I believe) needed for Afternoon Delight by Sue Garmen. Loving your pinks!

    ReplyDelete