Sunday 10 January 2021

Stitching.

This block is almost done. Just the blue sky and some backstitch to be done. Last year on Sundays I worked on my longest ongoing project, it is now close to twenty years.  So this project will continue to be on the slow stitching on sundays until it is done. 
This is where it was up to, just before Christmas. It has a lot of confetti stitching. This is winter of the four seasons.Diane sent me a picture of her Holiday Quaker.  We both stitch and live close to one another. We both enjoy stitching. She got me back to my stitching and in return she loved quilting and wanted to learn, so it was only natural to show her how easy it was. She jumped in and has taken to it, like a duck to water. Her house is graced with her creations. She is currently making a queen size quilt for her bed.After a recent tidied up after Christmas discovered this treasure, it will get a little bit of love too. It makes a beautiful workbox.
This is where the embroidery stopped. 
A pretty and practical workbox seems to be a great addition.  The workbox can then be moved with me and when not in use will add to a visual object which helps to keep everything neat. Do you use a workbox? Currently mine is a clear shoe box.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stitching! What great projects to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a lot of stitching projects and progress on all of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. My knitting resides in a collection of zippered bags. If I do it right, I can grab one on my way out the door to a meeting or appointment. Lately the bags have been empty and the knitting in plan sight, since I'm not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely that you could teach your friend the joy of patchwork and quilting!

    ReplyDelete