Monday 5 December 2022

Art gloves and a Bargello.

Quilting has commenced on my sister's quilt.
The back shows what has been done so far. This morning I had to take a break to make art gloves with lycra for an art tablet.
It arrived with one glove to tight and short on the wrist.
The last time any lycra got sewn by me was in 1991.
Luckily I found a packet of stretch needles and could make these gloves. Using the original glove traced it onto paper, pinned it to the lycra, glided a quilting pounce over the paper pattern, adding some extra pins and discovered some stitches on the new machine. Then it was a case of jumping in at the deep end and sewing the gloves. The fabric helps the hand to glide over the tablet so the drawing can happen without the hand sticking to the tablet. They are finished and I am back to quilting the bargello.

1 comment: