Tuesday 27 December 2022

An art tablet bag.

Another request from hubby was a strong protective sturdy bag for his art tablet, it is a large one, over seventeen inches long. It is inspired by a favourite laptop bag. The pattern for this was created to resemble this favourite bag, with fabrics I had already. The one thing that I did not have, was Bosal foam, this was bought a week before Christmas.
The inside of the bag has this boxed section. It also needed a soft side for the screen of the tablet, to prevent scratches. A piece of tracksuit fleece (the wrong side) was sewn onto the inside of this box. All the seams are covered with bias binding, as all the seams are raw edges on the inside of the bag. A great way to use up leftover binding.
The box shown from the inside of the finished bag.
The T-shape with the foam makes the box and is sewn to the bottom and sides of one of main bag panels, that create the bag.
Looking into the bag from the top, this is what one would see.
An additional pockets for the stand and the pen was required. This was sewn with the same fleece, using the right side. It was attached to the opposite side of the bag, on the inside. Keeping everything neat and tidy.
Both sides of the outside of the bag has pockets, one side has one with a zipper and the other with velcro and a flap for a closer.
This is how I transfer pattern pieces onto black or very dark fabrics, someone asked. So for the pouches I made for the lenses. The quilt pounce is rubbed gently over the pattern piece on the wrong side and it is the way that works for me, hope this helps to explain how to do it. Today will be a day to make something for me and going down a rabbit hole of exploration...

4 comments:

  1. nice that you can make those pieces and don't mind it - I don't care for making these kinds of items and I would say order one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried ordering one, except they do not have them in this size, so I had to make it. Maggie

      Delete
  2. Excellent job. I have a live/hate relationship with that foam, I'm glad it cooperated for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That foam had me at my wits end!

      Delete