Sunday 21 March 2021

Smiling spring.

This block got the last three green leaves on it to complete it. Yesterday was a good day.
My sewing machine is back home after going to Reza, at Triangle Sewing Centre for a service and to fix it. Thank You! We are very grateful for talented Technicians who can doctor and repair our trusty steed, sidekicks. Imagine what it was like for most people before the onset of the sewing machine? We are very blessed.While collecting the trusty sidekick, which has now been named Betsy after 21 years. I could pick up some red thread, forgot to take a piece of the red fabric with. Guessed what shade would work and got some thread for the embroideries,  it is a thicker thread.
March is green colour for RSC21,  pulled the scraps out and this is what I have. The other thing which followed me home was a new blade for the rotary cutter. 
The smock dresses needs buttonholes,  to complete  them.This month has flown by, so glad Spring is here. My charm row got no work this week with my frozen shoulder, it has required me to slow down and rest it. So not a lot got done this past week. 
The finished block, started this seven years ago many more to go...The original pattern is very muted colours, changed it to happier brighter colours after seeing one finished at the quilt show in the happier colours.

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Your Flower blocks are gorgeous. Really like
    the smock dresses. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower blocks! I need to take my Bernina in too. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics you have used for the flowers on the applique. Those dresses are adorable. I really like that red circle. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your applique is very pretty and love the red piece you are working on. Glad your machine is now working!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your appliqué flowers are beautiful. Pretty fabric on those dresses too.

    ReplyDelete