Monday 25 March 2024

Indigo way is growing.

All the blocks got trimmed to size last week, it was time to sort all the parts for each block group.
With these pieces sorted and prepped for sewing, they were placed on the painted canvas that is in my sewing room. It keeps the pieces in order and neatly together, it makes it easy to transport from the cutting table to the sewing machine.
Four border strips are pieced, this one seem to be worked from the outside to the center.
Next up was the four corner pieces.
After that it was the triangle set in pieces, the quilt is set on point. These blocks need to be trimmed to triangles still, it will only get done once all the block sets are made. The block at the top is one of the two sets of blocks that make up the overall quilt. It needs to be finished and then the last block set needs to be assembled and sewn into blocks.
We had a snow storm on friday, so this past weekend was a cold one. My go to with dealing with the cold weather is to go into my sewing room and escape into a world of colour, fabric and texture. A few more blocks got quilted on the quilt in the hoop.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought to use stretched canvas to hold my pieces flat. I need to get some for my bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot you are making Indigo Way - it has a lot of pieces for sure like all of Bonnie's do

    ReplyDelete