Wednesday 5 January 2022

Today is a tidy up day.

We always send and receive christmas cards. They are displayed along with all the other festive decorations. Today it is the fifth of January, all of these decorations will be packed away and the house will be cleaned.
The first block is started for the Christmas Baltimore block. The pine needles is embroidered using a stem stitch.
Also found some other fabrics for the Angel wings. Will work on this block this month.
Red is January's colour for RSC22, have a number of projects with lots of red in it. Last year these pieces were put aside to start when we have red again. Will be sorting all the projects this coming week and slowly adding the others, once they have been found. What can I say, it is a mess and it needs to be sorted.
Last November I turned the sewing room upside down for these African animal prints, they where folded in with this blue fabric? Found it yesterday, after a lovely chat with my sisters.
Which prompted me to look at the collection of Swe-swe fabrics from South Africa. I need some more variety and colours.
There are gaps, which needs to be filled to get the colour balance right.
My sister's are going to help me with this project, once it is sorted. This will be the second time I will make Finding my way.
Originally made one for my brother and his wife in Australia, in the process I just cut all the fabrics into squares. I had cut enough squares for almost a second quilt.
The pattern is from the book Creating Heirlooms by Carolyn Konig. Quiltmania has stock of this book, it is filled with so many patterns. (The Hertforshire quilt pattern is in this one)similar to Mrs Billing Coverlet.
Our Christmas tree has a few more interesting decorations on, eh?

2 comments:

  1. I have that lovely book and I was chatting with 2 of my 3 sisters last night while quilting - the 3 of us are close to the same age and really grew up together. I am still contemplating getting back to work on a quilt in that very book that has been neglected for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful. You are seriously becoming Canadian. Next you will be apologizing for having someone bump into you.

    ReplyDelete