Sunday 2 January 2022

A Fresh Start.

It is a new year and a fresh start. Last year Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt caught my attention. Those colours of fabrics that have been taking up space, needed to be used. it was mostly what was in that collection of fabrics waiting for one day. Above is part six finished. It has been just the distraction I needed while the news have done a crazy yet again.
Needless to say with all this crazy in the world more projects have seen a finish, some was never in the pipeline. They got started, finished and are a distant memory already. All the other components of the mystery quilt awaiting their turn to be used in the bigger picture.
While sewing the mystery, the enders and leaders are my four patch blocks for Omygosh churndash blocks.
Received this pattern set for Christmas almost nine years ago? Pulled out the box, after Kate sent me just the right pink for the Angels dresses.
Will be making a slow start on it a little later today, first we have to go and shovel some snow. it started last night and it is still ongoing until later this evening.
So Scrappy will be hosting the colour challenge again this year. Will definitely be joining this year again, because of RSC2021 Omygosh is becoming a quilt top. All those nine patch blocks got done last year, this year it will be the churn dash blocks. This basket is where all the scraps go for it. Counted how many four patch blocks are still required, 119 in total. They will be a goal for this month as well as all the red blocks. Have a stack of the four patches ready to be used in blocks already, so it will be a good jumping off point to making the alternating churn dash blocks.

3 comments:

  1. If you need any more bits. I'm sure I can help. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. at one time I was going to get the Baltimore Christmas and I never did - I'm kind of glad now I didn't as I wonder if I would have ever finished it - good luck on that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend did Baltimore Christmas and loves it!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete