Friday 21 January 2022

Progress with the cold weather.

Yesterday was an exercise in practising a swatch square for a crochet piece, using a treble stitch. The end piece will be a blanket for our cat, I went along slowly reading the information. Above is the piece so far.
The size is suppose to be 12cm, this is 14cm. The crochet hook is suppose to be smaller, I had a 4.5 (which will create a larger square).
Another row was added to the mystery quilt.
Discovered with the skinny sashing strips, sewing the long rows onto the previous row is easier if one have not ironed the sashing in the direction it will be once it is ironed.
This tiny adjustment helps a lot with sewing long rows of blocks and sashings, to the main part of the quilt top already sewn.
In August 2019 this smock dress left to go to South Africa, it was a gift for my one great niece. The lady at the post office asked me if it was undeliverable, if they should return it to me? So I figured, it might as well otherwise it will be discarded. Not in a million years did I expect this to happen, yet that is exactly what did happen. The great niece is now too big for the dress, wrote to my niece and asked if she still wanted it for future babies? She instead said we should gift it to a new great niece, who was born in December last year. This dress has left on another adventure(hopefully the dress will get to be worn and not go on more solo adventures), this time to another country. Trust and believe in snail mail has been restored, honesty prevailed when we least expected it... have a little faith.

2 comments:

  1. the quilting and crocheting are coming along nicely. I tried to do the crochet in the square like that but had difficulty with it so doing the row by row blanket instead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder where it has been these past 2 1/2 years.

    ReplyDelete