Saturday 19 November 2022

Pajama day.

A busy week, with unexpected news. In the summer, early fall both quilts for my two sisters started. Tahoe has half the diamond sets pieced. Lightning strikes have all the strip sets sewn, the cross cutting started. I was going to work on these two quilts for the next couple of months, when a phone call changed all of that. This bargello needs to be sewn at lightning speed as my sister is not well, battling a disease yet again that shall not be named. It is way past the time to find the cure for it!
The colours was chosen by her and I want her to be able to wrap herself in this quilt to hug her with love and warmth, she lives back home and somehow it will get to her. The last time we saw her was in March 2020, just the thought of not seeing her again is just too much.
So while the snowflakes fly outside, I will be standing on my kitchen mat in my pj's sending her healing love and hugs while I work on her quilt.
Jeopardy quilting for this week helped to keep my hands busy and helped with calming effect of thoughts racing through the mind. We said goodbye to both our parents and we are not ready to say goodbye to a sister or a brother yet. We know we will have to deal with it, with seven of us we may never be ready to do so.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your sister, Maggie. It's definitely hard to lose your siblings. Sew like the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sister is going to love the quilt. I know she will feel all the love you are putting into it as she wraps herself in it. ~~Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your sister and she is so far away from you. I have lost two siblings over the years and it is not easy. Remember all the good times as you piece the quilt - it will be full of memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. no way to fix it for you, but sending as much comfort as i can.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrible news, Maggie. Wishing you speedy stitching, as you make this quilty hug for your sister! I'm sure it will mean so much to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad news indeed. A quilt made with sisterly love to wrap herself in is just what your sister needs. Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your sister and that you are so far apart. Sending caring thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quilty hugs for your sister sounds like a lovely way to spend your PJ sewing day.

    ReplyDelete