Wednesday 23 November 2022

A Groundhog Day.

Jeopardy quilting from last week. Yesterday was a can you help me find these two items, as they are required for a meeting in the afternoon? We both looked for these items, looking in the same places a few times. The stylus for a drawing tablet, created a similar groundhog search last year. Due to that search, I remembered clearly it was in a Parker pen box. Where would I find it after hours looking through countless boxes and drawers? Next to the bed in hubby's bedside cabinet drawers. Once he had checked after I had told him it was in said box with "Parker" on the outside. The other item was found in his study after dinner when I collected the recycle for rubbish day. Opening the cupboard door on my eyelevel, the piece was tucked in right at the back of that shelf.
So no sewing happened yesterday. These are all the bargello strips pinned to be sewn to create the rows for the quilt. After the news from my eldest sister, all 43 rows are now cut, pinned, checked and can be assembled.
A few mistakes was made when the strips got pinned and those were corrected as my mind was distracted at the time. With the way yesterday went, total sewing was shelved. Instead escaping into the kitchen to make chicken and leek pies for dinner with homemade pastry. warm pudding also happened.
Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbours, wishing you a peaceful and kind holiday!

2 comments:

  1. good luck in getting your quilting organized so you can get it done quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about to get sewing, which is great. It is amazing to be at this point so quickly.

      Delete