Tuesday 21 August 2018

Finding treasures.

Every time you move house, stuff goes into boxes.  Remembering what is where can be tricky.  With our last move over four years ago, one would think by now all the boxes would be unpacked. Alas that has not been the case. With fixing the house, getting it the way we need it to be, all takes time.
With the unexpected windstorm and the damage which ensued, none of the things we wanted to get done happened.  In the last two weeks, there is a pattern which prompted me to start going through some of the boxes, to find it.  Found lots of other bits, but the pattern is still blissfully missing in action.  One day it will crop up, when I am not looking for it.
Le Jardin:
These are the last of nine blocks, which still needs to be done.
Redwork Snowmen A-Z:
Before.
After. With the hot weather, stitching is easier to manage.
21st Quilt:
The applique is done with two fabrics, the white background and the blue print fabric only.

It has to be blue, she loves cats.
 Used machine applique for this one.
 The back, all done with blanket stitch.
 The inner border.
The completed top, with the outer borders, ready for quilting. Fabric's can be found at The Hobby Horse.
Love Entwined:

Prepped the blocks, got two sewn, two to go.
After all the heatwaves, we are having some welcome rains, the garden is loving it.

Linking to Esther's Blog.

4 comments:

  1. so you are working on Love Entwined - I kind of gave up on that one ages ago I just totally lost interest in it - maybe one day I will go back to it I don't know. I still have all my patterns and the background fabric but all other fabric I had put aside for it went back into the stash. I hope you show what you have of yours one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cat quilt. I am amazed at your fine cutting skill. Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Maggie the cat is wonderful, is it your own design I love it. I know some one in my family who would love it too LOL she loves cats!!!!! Great to see you working on LE again, I planned to do at least 3 months on mine this winter but we have not really had a winter this year, so it sadly did not come out?????? Love Mr Snowman LOL Such a happy jolly fellow? Hugs Glenda from Down Under.

    ReplyDelete