Tuesday 28 August 2018

Works in progress.

This past week the 21st Birthday quilt kept me busy, it is finally done.  Just need the label and it is ready to pop in the post.  With the humidity and heat, staying indoors and keeping cool is the best idea.
The whole quilt.
This quilt was done all by machine.
A-Z of snowmen, another block is done.  Late afternoon, sitting outside when it is a bit cooler is great for the red work.
Playing with fabrics, is just as much fun as playing with buttons.  One gets completely lost in them.  These are the fabrics which will be used for the next round of the Hertfordshire quilt when I pick it up again, later this year.  Knowing what will be used where, helps me sort what will work.  LE prep is an ongoing process, have decided to spend some time sewing down some of the elements.  So September has been earmarked for this.

Diane's stitch-a-long:
 2018, August.
 The birds, phoenix?
2017  Stitch-a-long, she is working on it all at the same time.  She is very talented.

5 comments:

  1. is there a pattern for A-Z snowmen? it looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowman. Is it Crabapple Hill? Thank you for featuring my cross stitch Maggie. 😊 We love your cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouh, love the cat quilt and the snowman!!!
    Marita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat is wonderful. I am sure the recepient will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I went by to say hello, since I've been disconnected from everything for a long time. As always I love your work. That I still think that they are not chapucillas, but great works. A kiss.
    หนังตลก

    ReplyDelete