Friday 5 April 2024

Yellow.

These blocks was made last year, this year April is yellow.
Pulled the yellow blocks which has been waiting for their turn to be called.
Started to ease back into hand quilting, only one block a day. The shoulder is much better and resting it for more than a week was the right thing to do.
Background fabric and backing for the Birthday quilt for great niece Lara is here. The same backing fabric will be used for great niece Layla's quilt, waiting for the pink background fabric to come for her quilt.
At The Sewing Cafe this jacket was on display.
The back and front, it is a quilted hooded jacket.
Indigo way blocks got a little bit more work, taking it easy with the sewing.
We have had rain, snow, ice and cold weather for the past three days. Needless to say we are ready for the warmer weather to arrive, manage to get a picture of this beauty before the weather played havoc with the petals.

6 comments:

  1. I have never cared for quilted jackets and vest that some quilters make. I feel like I am wearing a quilt lol many projects going on at your house

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew much fun going on in your sewing room. Looking forward to seeing 'how' you use the yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start on the yellow HST units.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh look, there's a pretty crocus.....that looks a bit hopeful that spring is thinking about staying around. =) Lara's fabrics look pretty together and I must say you've done a lot of HSTs. I've always loved the thought of a quilted jacket; minus the hood though. I've still yet to find a pattern I like to fashion one. Glad your shoulder is feeling better, lovely Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice start on those YELLOW scraps, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to see what comes out of the yellow.
    You have beautiful fabrics for the birthday blanket...
    I'm so excited to see it begin. The jacket looks great.
    It's a shame I don't have a sewing cafe here... I keep myself afloat with blog and YouTube!!!
    Have fun quilting your beautiful blanket and
    all the best for your shoulder.
    A hug for you.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete