Monday 15 April 2024

Rhododendron Trail is a finish.

It is finished! The washing will happen at the laundromat, they have large machines to do this. Today a label will be made and added to the back of the quilt.
Magic binding include a lot of the leftover scraps from this quilt, used up as much of it as possible.
The quilt was trimmed to this point, a lesson learnt is that the extra strips could have been a bit more skinny than what was added.
The binding is sewn on the back and then flipped to the front before being sewn down again by machine.
This one will be going to its forever home soon, the last of the quilts for my seven siblings. This is not the end of family quilts, as we now have nine great nephews and nieces, A friend recently asked me why do I not keep every quilt I make? We have a few and and a couple extra quilts for guests or us. It is enough for us, giving away the quilts is so much more rewarding. Hug a person with warmth and love with each quilt we give.

3 comments:

  1. I keep a lot of my quilts but give away a lot too - I wouldn't have any place to put them all if I kept them in my house and sounds like the same for you. Lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even have a quilt on my bed. However, my kids and their partners all have quilts, and so does my grandson. Why wouldn't I share the warmth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your siblings appreciate the quilts you've gifted them, mine do. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete