Sunday 7 January 2024

Baby steps.

Sunday slow stitching will continue on the pumkin house series. It will be my year long project for 2024, perfect for my pace of stitching.
Baby steps on these leaves. Four flowers with eight sets of four leaves to a branch, made a start on the first flower surrounded by the leaves.
Managed to get out for a walk, before the snow arrived this evening. Winter is here and the handquilting while watching a movie happened. The fire was on, the cat enjoy the heat and will try to get very close to said fire. She gets moved and she will then just cuddle in a lap. Our evenings follow this simple pattern, spending time together to relax and unwind from our days.

7 comments:

  1. Your evenings sound wonderful and cosy. Pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your evenings sound very satisfying. I have a Pumpkin House to work on also. I haven't started it yet. I love your applique and the quilt you are working on. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hand quilting is the perfect evening activity in the winter! That looks like a really pretty quilt that you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a nice, cozy evening. I just kitted up a Pumpking House to work on. I am missing some floss colors. Your appliqued flower is pretty. Enjoy your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your evenings sound delightful and cosy. Your applique flower is looking lovely; as is the quilting on the quilt. You'll be warm under this pretty while you hand quilt away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hand stitching in front of the fire sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie - loved your description of stitching in front of the fire, with the movements of the cat! I miss our cats! I am joining you from Slow Sunday Stitching - I am number 27 if you want to stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete