Monday 1 January 2024

A finish.

The stitch a long for December is finished. A week before Christmas I came down with Strep throat, it was very bad and it took me to the doctor and a bag of medications to get me back to healthy again. With the high fever and medication I somewhere along the line jumped a day ahead. I was telling the family when it was going to be Christmas eve and Christmas day, also what meals was going to happen when. They looked at each other then looked at me. Saturday evening while we were playing a boardgame, they decided to let me know that I had my caledar all muddled up. We were one day ahead, they thought it was really funny! This oops has had a positive change and created some new traditions. All which they want to continue in the future.
A few gifts that arrived under the tree that is all crafty related, it will be keeping me busy for a bit.
The Serengeti Chatelaine also progressed a bit more. All the stitching with beads, speciality stitches and braids will happen last once all the basic cross stitches has been stitched. Part one is almost stitched.
This year a new stitch-along has been started, it is nine houses: The first one is the pumkin house, using DMC on antique white evenweave.
Last year was a lot of piecing quilts, this year it is back to applique quilts. Pulled out an old work in progress, Love Entwined. Leaves pinned, they were prepped a long time ago ready to be sewn on now. A leaf at a time. 2024 has started with a new chapter to write and the journey to navigate each new day. We get to choose how we write our story, we choose to do so with love and peace. The human voice is a powerful instrument and we do not use it enough for the good in our world. Be kind both to yourself and everyone around you, it is the fastest way we change the world to be a better place for each and everone of us. Happy New Year to each and everyone!

2 comments:

  1. it is easy to lose track of days when we are sick - glad you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been going around with no idea what day it is for awhile. I wouldn't include getting sick in your new Christmas traditions.

    ReplyDelete