Saturday 17 June 2023

Tahoe is a top!

Tahoe is a finished top. It is ready to be quilted, not perfect but done. This is a quilt for my eldest sister.
The pie piece segments get sewn into squares, then the squares are sewn together to create a half.
It got placed on the trusty sheet on the floor to keep track of where each part needed to go.
Needless to say this one got started late last summer, many things happened and it got placed on the back burner for a while. It has been the most difficult pattern I have ever tried and the starching of all the fabrics made a big difference to it being flat and the fabric keeping its shape with all the 45 degree angles.
The seams are all ironed open.

2 comments:

  1. What an achievement, I'm not usually one to comment but thought I'd just let you know I read your blog regularly, I enjoy the variety of things you choose to show us. Many thanks, Elaine

    ReplyDelete