Saturday 18 June 2022

Summer berries.

Applique berries for two different projects. With the heatwaves and summer here, small easy to work on pieces is what is best to work on. Have been working on a project which was started in 2013/4?
The first of the two Quilts for Ukraine is almost finished. The label needs to go on the back and then the magic binding can be added.
The front of the quilt. It was long arm quilted by Sharron (sharron.leonard4@gmail.com) . The all over design is perfect for the top. Her workmanship for a newbie is fantastic.
The quilting from the back.
After trimming the excess fabric, the binding was auditioned to make sure no fabric joints ended up on any corners.
Made sure to mark the spot on the binding and the quilt where I have to start to sew the binding on the back of the quilt.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and smart to do that with the binding. My last one ended up with a join right next to the corner...oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those joins on corners is something I try to avoid. Magic binding is all done by machine, making it easier to sew on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you are good. I just use a very free style binding method. Of course. F one is using a pieced binding, the seams are never going to fall exactly where you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always lay out my binding too so I don't have any seam joints in the corners - easier to just to it in advance then fix later. Hot here too and mainly in the house

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a cool breeze today with sunshine. The heatwave finally left today. Can now be in the sewing room, the labels are in the process of being made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thinking to test the binding ahead of time, Maggie. What a lovely quilt finish that will be!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to run my binding around my top, checking for the same thing, before actually sewing it down. Even then a seam sometimes catches me off guard. Pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete