Sunday 22 August 2021

Snail's pace.

In nature we have no guarantee that we will be rewarded with a successful outcome at the end of the season.  We plant seeds and wait for the seeds to sprout and grow.  We prepare the soil, water and nurture with love.  Life and each and every project is the same.
Many times we fall in love with a pattern and we may be beyond our skill sets to make.  Others we know will try to deter us from trying, yet how do we grow without jumping in and trying. Along the way we get to learn and grow, irrespective of the outcome. Some projects take years and it is okay. We all take our own paths and grow at our own pace. Make what you love, many will try to convince us to follow their route, before we should be allowed to try our own?Hand quilting takes time and it is a lot slower, yet it is so great to just enjoy the rhythm of the quilting.  Getting lost in the process and forgetting about time.
This glove helps when I have escaped for longer than what I realized.It has beads built in on one side to massage the hand and wrist.
A melon is growing, saw on a video to use a sling to help it while it grows...

7 comments:

  1. Yes so true! Thanks for the inspiration today!
    And for the mention of the glove... I'm going to look for one! Love to see the photos of your hand quilting project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt you are working on... I have terrible arthritis in my lower extremities and it is getting into my shoulders... did you buy your wrist glove in the US??? Very nice :) Hope your pretty sunflowers and other plants make it to your table or home to enjoy! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those sunflowers!! are those in your garden?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sunflowers, and lovely project you are quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the hot weather has you hand quilting again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful. I love the glove you have. That might work for me and the arthritis in my thumbs. Your sunflowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you are able to do some hand quilting, again, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete