Monday 29 April 2019

Applique quilts.



Love Entwined got some more pieces prepped for applique, it is amazing how much is all in the tiny details of this quilt. It may take a long time to do, but it is worth it.  In between many other projects have been started and finished.


The 21st Birthday Quilt top is done, ready for the next step.  All the fabrics from the  The Hobby Horse Quilt Shop.

To know how to wash a knitted article, the temperature at which to wash it, is important information.  So the wrapper from the yarn, is given with the knitted item.  It has all this on the label for the yarn. All it needs is a scarp of yarn, a hole punched in the wrapper, with the yarn looped around a button, so it does not get lost along the way.  The other bit to add, is the size of the jersey.
 A seven hour toddler sweater, took longer, as I am a beginner.
The buttons got sewn onto the knitted dress and jersey.
 The back of the dress.

Finished a baby hat with the leftover yarn, the pattern can be found on Kate's blog.
Did some more stitching on my Four Seasons cross-stitch.
 The cardinal got some work as well.  This piece will go to one of the bird lovers in the family, we have a few of those.
Used Anchor variegated green thread from my stash, over the years we try different floss, so it is interesting to see what we have and how we use it.
 Marguerite made me this scarf.  She started weaving the last couple of years, it is made from linen and cotton.  It is super soft and it is a cuddle scarf.  One cannot but help just squeezing and wanting to hug it .  She was worried that I would not get a chance to wear it this season,  no chance of that happening, with this cold weather this late in Spring.  Put it on and wore it on Friday past.  It keeps one snug as a bug, without getting too hot.
As I was wearing it, one realize just how special weaving as a craft, is.  How it makes the world a better place, we definitely need more people who know this wonderful craft and to weave such amazing pieces.  They are works of art in their own right. What a treasure, a gift of untold wealth!

3 comments:

  1. good idea including the package from the yarn! I haven't touched my Love Entwined quilt or my Hertfordshire Quilt in ages - Love Entwined really I don't know if I ever will get back to it - I'm not even done withe center bouquets and don't know when I touched it last -- 6+ years I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attach my card to a knitted item, and put the washing instructions and fiber content on the back of the card.

    ReplyDelete