Monday 26 February 2024

Baby quilts.

My niece asked last year to make a baby quilt with a nautical theme for her new baby boy. So I looked online and found a kit for one, at the time it was one of the few which was available. Towards the end of last week, it was pulled out and the top made. It is huge, so it will not work in a baby size crib. Plan B is this panel which I found on saturday at The Hobby Horse Quilt Shoppe.
This will work for a baby. As luck would have it, when I went looking for nautical fabric last year the aqua anchor fabric was all I could find at the time. This is perfect for the binding for the baby quilt. The other one will get done and sent to her in due course as well.
Sometimes we have to change direction when life happens. First the fin on the fan on the light broke when making a bed, while shaking out a duvet with down inside it. It can happen to very tall people. Next the microwave decided to pack it in, so off we went to get a new one. Last but not least, we drove over a nail at Home Depot.
Long story short we got a flat, had to change a tire and get the tire fixed almost immediately. The saying things happen in threes.
The lovely lady helping us with the tire had nails painted a vibrant purple.
Found this beautiful fabric for a blouse for summer online, it arrived this morning.
Added the diamonds to the mariner's compass block and the green border fabric.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the polish picture. Mine are bare right now. I'll have to fix them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. string of bad luck! love the quilt - I don't polish my nails - it always chips and I don't want to use that gel stuff or fake as they make my nails really weak

    ReplyDelete