Thursday 7 March 2019

Working on the secret project.


The secret project this week, is all about embroidery.  Not hand embroidery, but machine embroidery.  With clearing all the ice outside, my wrist is not happy and needs to have a rest,  for a bit.  Have stitched these designs so far, a few more to go.  They will be used to create a very special baby quilt, for a little girl.
 Snowflake.
 Lullaby.
Mistletoe, all done on cream muslin. Instead of using lots of stabilizer to stitch on, it has been replaced with a very thin bamboo batting and one thin layer of stabilizer.  All the designs are stitched with Marathon 40 weight rayon thread.
Last summer in Abbotsford, this panel followed me home.  It is now a baby quilt, ready to be given to a new baby. The border fabric came in a kit for another panel, which was never used for it.  The binding is leftover, from a previous project.  Using everything, not wasting it.
Jane Bannister1855,  Diane has started a new piece.
 Anna made a T-shirt quilt.  She long arm quilted it.  What a wonderful way to use the T-shirts, in such a meaningful way.
Have a wonderful week, stay warm and toasty inside!

4 comments:

  1. The fairies are really cute. Will you be able to quilt as you go, now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute! nice to try something different now and then

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Maggie, your little embroidery pieces are what wee girls dream off. How delightful they are. So lovely to find time at last to visit you. I have not blogged for several weeks as I found I was not finding time to answer any of my messages that people were leaving, so I said no more blogging till I found time to visit my online friends and say hi. You were first up so I'm saying Hi ????? Just loved going back through your blog and catching up on what you have been doing. Hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. J'ai eu un plaisir de parcourir votre blog,bien sur je me suis arrêté sur Love Entwined plus longuement,vous êtes plus avancée que moi,c'est splendide,un bijoux .
    Beaucoup de beaux travaux,je suis toujours heureuse de visiter les blogs,cela me fait découvrir souvent des merveilles.
    A bientôt
    Amicalement de France
    MC

    ReplyDelete