Tuesday 30 January 2018

Romance and Remembrance.

To everyone, there is just something which shows their love for the one they love.  Some do little things, others will drive for miles to go and pick a bunch of wild flowers for their spouse.  Others do not have a romantic bone in their bodies, or so they claim.  I believe if you truly love and care about someone, you cherish them, in each and every way.  You dance with them at weddings, even if you step on their toes.  You hug them, hold their hand, steal an unexpected kiss and surprise them with an unexpected red rose, just because....!  Life is short, enjoy the moments together, now.  Do not wait for the perfect moment.  Every moment is the perfect one!

The Hertfordshire Quilt
Placing the colours where they will go.  Then taking a photograph.  This comes in handy when one gets all the pieces jumbled.
The diamond border pieced and sewn on.
The next border sewn on.
The wedding quilt, playing with fabrics.
All the snow melted, this is what the forest looked like a few days ago....
(until yesterday, when the snow arrived.  More expected again tomorrow.)

Cosmos flowers was the one flower, which grows wild all over South Africa, these flowers bloom in March and driving along, they hug the sides roads for hundreds of kilometers.  When my parents got married, these were blooming as they went on honeymoon.  Every year on their wedding anniversary, my Dad would go and find them and pick my Mom a bunch.  One year he drove almost 80km to find some in bloom.  We asked him one day why?  He told us he because he loved her and she was the most precious person he was ever entrusted to care and to love.  He said it was his job to make sure that she never forgot what an incredilbe person she was.  She passed away more than twelve years ago, he still love and miss her everyday, they were married for 44 years.






4 comments:

  1. your border went on great - I don't know why I had so much trouble with that border but I'm not changing it now LOL - love your sweet colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a poignant story about your parents' love. I'm afraid my wonderful husband is one of those without a romantic bone in his body, nor a demonstrative one. When we were young I had a really difficult time with that, thinking he didn't really love me. Over time, I realized how very much wrong I was. He just has a different way of showing his love. He has a patience and understanding of the things I need to do and the way I need to live Life, and he quietly facilitates that. He rarely, RARELY brings anything up like neglected housework or too much eating out during the stretches that I need a lot of alone time with my quilting "therapy." He does little things for me that a lot of men don't think of - changing a light bulb because he notices the lighting in my nook isn't as bright as usual; fixing the shredding string in a shade; pitching in with dishes or cooking without any complaint after he's put in his own full day of work. Hmm. - wait - I'm wrong again, aren't I? He does very much have a romantic string - he just shows it atypically. Sorry to "think" out loud here. :) - - - Your medallion quilt is really pretty in your fabrics, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Hertfordshire, both the design and colors. So pretty.

    Your father sounds like a wonderful, caring husband and father. I've often told my husband that he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body, but like Lynette said above, he just has a different way, a practical way, of showing his love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful and sweet love story. Your dad sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete