Wednesday 11 September 2024

Works in progress.

Rag quilts are making a great way to use flannel. This was my first rag quilt from years ago.
The blocking of the smock dresses are done. They have been packed away until a future date in October for work to carry on these three.
The birthday quilt has been pin basted and layered.
Hand quilting around all the shapes is the first bit of quilting. After that it will be machine quilted for it to be finished on time. Below is the birthday cake which I baked recently, except I forgot to transfer in on to a plate before the frosting started. It was still on the cooling rack, what a rookie mistake. A few hours after frosting it, it came to me. So I placed some parchment paper on top of the cake with a plate, lifted the cake, cooling rack and plate with parchment paper and tipped it upside down. This allowed me to remove the cooling rack, which was replaced with the cake plate and tipped the cake right side up. Luckily it worked, the cake was yummy!

2 comments: