Monday 16 October 2017

A wedding project.....


Helping make someone feel extra special on their wedding day, it is a priviledge to do so.
This is the fabric and pattern.  Working on a sun dress at the moment, to practice my  dress making skills again.
Knitting is another skill I am learning, knitted a row of holes, then I discovered I missed one step, so my row looked right, but it was missing one step, all the knit stitches between each hole.  So I had to start over.
Bargello:
Step 1. Trimming off the sides.
Step 2. Cut fabric strips, in the sizes according to the pattern, to create the new strips to make the rows.
Step 3. Create row number one.
 Joining the pieces together to create the new row.
Step 4. Make row number two.
Step 5.  Take the first two rows to the ironing board, iron the strips in opposite directions.  This is done to make them easier to sew together and for the seams to lock.
Step 6.  Sew the first two rows together.
Step 7. Iron open towards row number two.
Step 8. Sew one of the side borders to row number one, it helps to stabilize row number one.
 This is what the back should look like.
The finished set.  Now continue to create rows three to thirty five, until the top is done.  Ironing towards the next right, until completed.






1 comment:

  1. The dress fabric is very nice. I haven't done any dressmaking in quite awhile. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete