Wednesday 26 April 2017

Reducing the scraps and stash busting

Reducing the scraps and stash busting is high on my list this year.  To this end, for gifts, patterns was placed on my list.  I received a few, they will be becoming my projects to work on for the next while.  They are all machine pieced and they will hopefully make a dent in my fabric collection.
 This quilt was at Quilt Canada 2016. 
 Then I found the pattern. It is a Sue Garman one, Ancient Stars.
It was put on my list of patterns I wanted for my gift list.  I received it as one of my gifts.  It will be used to reduce my fabric collection.

 These three patterns is part of my quest to sew up all the bits of fabric which are filling up nooks and crannies of space in my sewing room.  At the end hopefully they will all be quilts and not scraps of fabrics anymore.
 
Art work by my two favourite girls, they are twins who love art.












3 comments:

  1. What a great idea, asking for scrap busting patterns! I'm trying to reduce my scraps too....and looking at the free patterns by Bonnie Hunter, who has some great scrap quilt ideas. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maggie those paintings and sketches are wonderful, for some reason the sketch of the women speaks to me it is special. Love love that quilt of Sue Garman's, sadly I don't have any browns or taupes in cotton but do in old silks????? Sad to think she is not with us any more she was such a prolific quilter and so friendly. Hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete