Wednesday 31 August 2016

First trip up and into the African Bush.

 I received a request to post some pictures of the African Bush.  These are snapshots from one of my siblings and their soulmate.  This is a first adventure in South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe.
 The rivers have crocodiles, alligators and lots of other wild animals, which live close to the water.
A  Hippo taking a stroll.
 Relics of an era long gone.  Hunting is frowned upon today.  Shoot with a camera, not a gun!




Tourism is the lifeblood of many communities in rural Africa, hence the large river/house boats.

Conservation has become a way of life.
Leave only your footprints behind......

2 comments:

  1. Not a moose in sight...very different from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maggie THANK you so much for sharing some more photos of Africa, I can almost feel the heat in these photos and Im guessing at night it is extremely cold too in the winter. Love the giraffe I saw my first one as a child in a zoo and have never forgotten it lowering its head slowly and gently touching me ; its nose was so soft like a horses. to this day I have loved seeing them. Hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete