Monday 16 April 2018

Baby steps.

Old man winter just do not want to leave.  We have had some crazy weather: Freezing rain, ice pellets wind, snow and rain.  Spring will hopefully win this battle and soon. We have all had enough of this stuff.  Then my shoulder froze, so my best friend became the hot water bottle and some rest.  Everything else came to a grinding halt.
Finding the Way:
 The next corner is done. This is it,  with the triangles closed, from the back.
 This is what it looks like, open.
 All four corner units sewn onto the center medallion. The brown border fabric did not look right, so out came the unpicker again, this quilt has made me make special friends with this tool. Have never used it so much on any one project.
The corners only work with the miter.
Placed it on the double bed to get an idea of what it will look like.  Trimming the triangle squares, definitely makes sewing all the larger triangles a lot easier.

 Baby Blanket.
 Self striping yarn, makes for very interesting blankets.
2018 Stitch-a-long:
 Diane finished April's band. 
Medieval, with wrought iron work?
 2017 Stitch-a-long:
Beautiful stitching, she is doing two in two colour ways at the same time.
Thank you to our amazing neighbour who helped to clear this mess with his snowblower!

3 comments:

  1. the quilt is getting more beautiful every time I see it - winter for most doesn't seem to want to go away - I do feel for you all. Once again we are moving from winter one day to nice the next the rest of the week now to be nice and in the 70's I hope this see saw of 40's one day and 70's the next comes to an end it is getting tiring! Hope you shoulder feels better - I had a stiffness in mine for 2 days that I blamed on the weather, it felt much better today

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder your shoulder is sore. That is a lot of triangles! I love the final look, and now I remember why I like to do big pieces in my quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maggie I'm so in love with your beautiful beautiful quilt top. It is strong but soft, absolutely stunning. Thanks for the step by step photo's very very interesting and loved the commentary it made me laugh> Hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete