Tuesday 31 January 2017

Snow and a touch of sunshine.


With grey skies and snow most days, we had some sunshine for most of the day yesterday!  It was still cold, the sun just made the day so much better.  Found this mini I made while I was sorting some fabric for projects.  It was an Indian Wedding Ring Quilt pattern.

This quilt top and the binding already made, was another WIP, which will be added to the list of to do's. It is all machine pieced and appliqued.  It was a mystery quilt in McCalls Quilting magazine.  Queen size and this one will be machine quilted.
The Snoopy flannel quilt, amazing how after every wash, it gets softer and the raggety edges becomes more chenille like.  It makes an appearance every winter on the couch, which anyone can claim to snuggle up under.  It just reminds me why we make quilts. It is not just the process, but the joy of using the quilts, we make.
A friend asked me to help her make this quilt, she did all the embroidery by machine.


French General fabrics was used for this Bargello, it was a wedding gift. The bride requested three colours. 
This week the secret project has kept me busy, it is coming along. Purple is growing on me.  I have two friends who love purple. My nieces love the colour too!

Where would we all like to be?
at the beach..........

3 comments:

  1. Oh Maggie what a lovely blog so much eye candy today, thanks for sharing, we had a huge storm here last night and our power was out from 8am till 1pm today, Im guessing trees came down on the lines some where. Now trying to catch up on all my house work and Mail Hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple is such a versatile neutral colour, sure to brighten a gloomy winter's day.
    The Laurel Burch, you knew I was going to love it, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete