Sunday 22 February 2015

A Fun Project

Baby Quilts

Recently, my local quilt shop got in this panel (Shadow Box Playmats By Elizabeth's Studio).  I love to practise my freemotion  machine quilting on them.  Turning them into playmat quilts, for babies and toddlers, to be used and washed.  They need to be robust to withstand, the rigours of everyday life,  as part of our normal modern day living.


This panel is an I-Spy top.  What makes it unusual, the background: It is black, not a colour one would think of for young children.  Yet it makes the images, pop!
                                                                


Around the border, clues are printed in white.  Now the fun can begin, finding the 22 black ants....
It is like a treasure hunt.  Who can find it first.  How many can you find?
It is like playing boardgames, when we were kids. 


The binding is pink, because this I-Spy quilt is for a little girl, normally the boys get the I-spy quilts. Traditional I-Spy quilts, are made with squares cut out of novelty fabrics, with sashings sewn around each square. 

Most parents need a blanket to put baby on, when they go visiting, playmat quilts serve this purpose.
Keeping baby comfortable and surrounded by something familiar, no matter where they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment